I know lots of people does not like bran, but I always did. Since we need fiber in our diet to keep regularity and other health needs let’s make it more delicious. I stayed home today. Need a break. Looking in the cupboard and see only my box of cereal is still full. My kids want touch the fiber or wheat cereals. Or granola bars. So I was enthusiastic to make a cake before they come home. Branny Fruit cake. I come up a better name for it later.
Branny Fruit Cake
- All Bran Cereal ( Post or Kellogg)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
- cup of milk
- Benefiber powder 1 teaspoon (Optional)
- 1 cup of sugar
- a half tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tab of butter
- 2 cups of flour
- Apples,lemon,or a can of light syrup of fruit cocktail
I first soften the cereal with a half a cup of milk. Then I add just one cup of flour mix with an egg. Stir till soften then add the sugar. Now when I forget to pick up eggs complete pancake mix is a great egg substitute. Not only it easier but sure blends in well with less stirs. Besides it annoys me to take out the “extra white line’ in eggs. At this the batter is half way done that is when I preheat the oven at 375 degrees. To save a little on energy. Grease the baker with butter and set aside.
At this point I add a little more cereal to batter ,little baking powder & add a can of drain fruit cocktail . Fresh squeeze of lemon, instead of lemon extract. Just one slice will do. Last cup of flour added stir till its medium thick. Pour batter into the baker and bake under 350 degrees for about twenty-five minutes or till done. I urgent recommend that it must cool for about fifth-teen minutes before eating!
- Healthy Recipe: Make Your Own Muesli (fitsugar.com)
- 7 Tips For Relieving Tummy Troubles Caused by Fiber (fitsugar.com)
- Marmalade Cake (whatweatetoday.co.uk)
- Low Carb Blueberry Pancakes and Peach Compote (chefandsteward.com)